Monday, July 14, 2008

Relationships rekindled



An old family friend, a premarital couple whom we coached and 3 ex-colleagues were old acquaintances I was "connected" back to, over the last 2 weeks. This period was busy: with a funeral, me falling sick, others becoming ill, being "locked-out" of Facebook because of my fast accumulation of friends, attending seminars, the organization of seminars, additional service which begun last weekend and this list can go on with a few other incidents but let me refocus and come back to our topic on relationships.

The first time a relationship was broken in the Bible was when God asked what seemed to be a "strange" question. An all knowing God asked Adam, "Where are you?".........

Immediately the two of them did "see what's really going on"--saw themselves naked! They sewed fig leaves together as makeshift clothes for themselves. When they heard the sound of GOD strolling in the garden in the evening breeze, the Man and his Wife hid in the trees of the garden, hid from GOD. GOD called to the Man: "Where are you?" He said, "I heard you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked. And I hid." GOD said, "Who told you you were naked? Did you eat from that tree I told you not to eat from?" Gen 3:7-11 Msg

What did take place was God knew the relationship between HIM and Adam was broken. So this question was asked to invoke in Adam a reflection of his current state. His broken relationship caused by disobedience, made him loose his covering and therefore becoming naked. Then when hearing God presence, he hid from his loving Creator because of fear!

Our loving God had to institute the first blood sacrifice to clothe both Adam and Eve with the skin of an animal. Before that a redemptive plan was put in place for the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ who was to atone for the sins of the world. Jesus paid the price by shedding His blood and dying for us. Thus Jesus Christ purchased us back with His precious blood so that we can choose to have a right relationship with Father God, our Creator.

This sacrifice was done both for a mending of the relationship with God and mankind. It was a reminder to me, as I reflected on the "rekindled" relationships over the past weeks. May our Lord Jesus Christ restore back to me the years the locus had eaten.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: