Friday, July 4, 2008

I can do ALL things in Him

In his first letter to Timothy, Paul was reminding Timothy who was sick, "not to neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you".

In his second letter Paul further adds, "I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Since 1995 my wife and I have received many prophecies and some have laid their hands on us too. We were put through different seasons of preparation, seasons of serving and seasons of wilderness experience. These experiences when they became tough caused me to be anxious.

A good example of tough times was when our season ended abruptly at the old church. We asked the leadership to pray for us to be released with their blessing. In God, all things work out for our good. We then, after visiting a few churches, attended our current church as mere congregation attendee. The Word brought strengthening to our body, soul and spirit and we grew here. I seldom spoke about my previous experiences.

The season of rest was about a year and I was moved into a role of Cell Leader. Here we started to use our giftings again. It will be 5 more years, before I was place back into the role that I functioned at old church. I have grown in maturity and have survived many seasons of testing and trials.

I am not perfect and so have made many mistakes in my journey. And thus today's devotional verse is very apt for me..."I can do all thing through Christ which strengtheneth me" Phil 4:13 KJV

No comments: