Thursday, July 3, 2008

The earthly journey of self gratification?



The newspaper paints for us, the new season of greater wickedness, in this journey we call "life". This is a current reality for all human beings but for the prebelievers who do not know Him, they may have an excuse. Unfortunately this will not be so for the believers, for us, there is a price to pay! The earth's current state is mainly due to mankind's need for self gratification which is evident if we reflect back through history. The Word of God says, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor 10:31KJV).

In my own journey in life, I too, had at times desired and seeked after self gratification. I started at the "bottom of the ladder" in my career, after completing Form 5 and climbed to a reasonable height of "next-in-line" for Country Manager. From the tender age of 18, I had observed "office politics" and seen its use and abuse. I had functioned at a local organization under a boss as a clerk and also at a MNC under a International boss as a Director and more recently, at church as a pastor.

Much of our problems come for our expectations. If I have had negative feelings it is because I have focused back on myself instead of giving God the glory. If in everything I am seeking His Kingdom and His righteousness first, then God will give me the desires of my heart. I need to follow after God solely because He is God and He is worthy!

We cannot change much outside our control but we can change our attitude towards it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: