Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Great Shepherd of the sheep

My day, as I sat up from bed, started with remembering the many "encounters" I had yesterday, for which I am thankful because the Great Shepherd of the sheep watches over us.

My devotion for the day reconfirmed this fact, that I had to be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

My "encounters" started with an ex-colleague whom God spoke to through Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. Being a skeptical and rational person he was searching for life's meaning. He found himself enveloped with God's love as he read chapter 7 and his tears began to flow. He was so happy that he experienced His love and related this to my wife and I as we fellowshipped over breakfast.

Arriving at office an email awaited me. This was from an ex-old church member who had migrated overseas after marrying a foreigner. She had been journaling her encounter with God and we spoke over Skype. Her experience reaffirmed The Great Shepherd's move all over the world. She was so excited with what we sensed was happening over Malaysia.

This followed with my regular visit to my mentor who continued to encourage me and challenge me as we shared on family and church activities. We spoke about our wives' mixed parentage and how the children were responding to it amongst other things. Having known my wife and I for the past 20 odd years helped him to effectively minister to me.

Having seen our latest premarital couple, whom we coached, married off last Saturday, we had a rare break from counseling for the night. As such we agreed to meet up with 2 ex-cell members whom we love, over dinner. It was time to reflect on how, (we as spiritual parents" over them) they had grown in the things of God. The feeling when you know they can "fly" and become much "greater" than you, which is what we desire of "our children".

Returning back home we met with a current Cell Leader in the sub-District, standing outside our gate ringing the door bell. He had brought over some durians for us. We chatted at the gate for a while and he told us how the cell was enjoying going through "Give Me 40 days" together. Half his sales target was met over the last few days. His prayer life had changed and he was so excited with a renewed passion for God.

At home I refocused on rebuilding my "virtual friends" contacts on FaceBook. Having "dragged" my feet for the last couple of weeks I forced myself to re-connect with all those whom I had lost touch with when FaceBook "stopped" my rapid growth recently. I had to start from ground zero again! So my friends if I haven't invited you back, please invite me because it is much easier that way. I enjoyed being "connected" with all of you.

In concluding my prayer is:
Now may the God of Peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that Great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen

No comments: