Friday, July 11, 2008

Perfect world?



Unfortunately God didn't take us out of this world as soon as we received Him as Lord and Savior. He kept us here so that we can be the light and salt to this "lost and dying" world. It is both a horizontal relationship with mankind and a vertical relationship with Him, that is what God expects us to have. Therefore, this horizontal encounter with mankind includes both the "lost" and the "found" human race. This practice alone, I am convinced, will ensure an almost perfect world.

"Your job is to speak out on the things that make for solid doctrine. Guide older men into lives of temperance, dignity, and wisdom, into healthy faith, love, and endurance. Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior. Also, guide the young men to live disciplined lives.But mostly, show them all this by doing it yourself, incorruptible in your teaching, your words solid and sane. Then anyone who is dead set against us, when he finds nothing weird or misguided, might eventually come around" Titus 2:1-8 Msg

Titus is a short but very insightful letter from Paul and it shows us how we should behave as matured people, whom others look up to. My own life's motto is not to stumble others and so I try to live a life which is peaceable and quite with God's help. Although I must admit that I don't succeed always. I am also alert that others are watching my behavior because of my role. If for example, I defend a certain cause, like giving, then it should reflect in my attitude not only when people are watching but also when they are not watching.

The above passage talks about older men and women guiding younger men and women to be models of goodness. Modeling good behavior will ensure a change in the societies we live in and I pray I will always be doing just that!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: