Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Joy of Salvation


As I sat down to prepare the message for a wake service tonight, I recounted the first encounter I had with the deceased. She was a diabetic and had come in for an operation to remove the part of her foot that had gone "dead". Everyone prayed and many of the cell members visited the late beloved Aunty of "ours". Yes, "ours" is an appropriate word to use as we are a "body of believers" ministering God's love and guess what, her toe "lived" again.

Today, I had this scripture which I will be using later in the wave service.

John 14:1-6 Amplified Bible (AMP)

DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way. Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.

Posted by Picasa

The Greek word for dwelling places (homes) is the same as abode and mansion. In verse 23 the Word states that both the Father and Jesus Christ will make their abode in us. Wow! that is a new understanding of this verse. The wake service is not for the dead, but those of us who are alive, so I pray God in His mercy through the conviction of the Holy Spirit will have new abodes to reside in tonight.

If you are reading this, pray along, for together will the angels we can rejoice. Unlike Thomas, who had to see the scares on Jesus' hand and feet, let us be those who believed despite not see Him in the flesh and be blessed. Pray also for me to be strengthen for this task.

Thank you for partnering with God for His glory to be revealed on earth, as it is in heaven!

No comments: