Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Salvation for my household!



I have paryed for the salvation of my loved ones for many years and sometimes they have acknowledged Jesus Christ, but not as Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ to them is one of the many roads to their "heaven" - wherever they believe they will end up!

In my attempt to move them closer to the commitment stage and then onto salvation I have focused on sharing the Truth of His love and His purpose for all of us. We are only to sow the seed and water it and God will give the increase. It is the work of the Holy Spirti to bring about the conviction of sin and repentance. We are to consistantly pray for them, for God to move them from one level to the next to make that final decision. Then, one of us, the "perfect laborer", will share His love and the Holy Spirit will cause the prebeliever to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Guess what, all of us will then rejoice together (possibly in heaven) and be rewarded for this soul.

Today I came across the verse..... verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matt 18:18 KJV

In her book "Give me 40 days" Freeda Bowers alluded to the fact that the Jew of that day understood this in the context of Deuteronomy 6....

Deu 6:4 Attention, Israel! GOD, our God! GOD the one and only!

Deu 6:5 Love GOD, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that's in you, love him with all you've got!

Deu 6:6 Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you

Deu 6:7 and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night.

Deu 6:8 Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder;

Deu 6:9 inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.
(The Message version)

Therefore we are to bind the Word of God to every person and their circumstance in their life and then, loose the opposite, everything that didn't line up with the Word!

The practical example I enclose as I sign off is a prayer for the salvation of my parents!

Father, I bring Mr & Mrs Gopalan before Y
ou today, and I bind him/her to righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. I bind his/her mind to the mind that is in Christ Jesus, and I say that Mr & Mrs Gopalan will think clearly and be able to see the truth that will set him/her free. I loose Mr & Mrs. Gopalan from all lying spirits and deceiving voices. I ask You, Lord, to bring seasoned laborers into Mr & Mrs. Gopalan's path to minister the truth and life of Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: