Thursday, June 12, 2008

Captives freed!

Posted by Picasa

Driving on my way to UHKM Emergency ward early this morning, where my dad was taken in by my 2 brothers, I reflected back on what I blogged yesterday. I ended yesterday's blog with a salvation prayer for my parents who are not saved.

"Things surely moved fast in the spiritual dimension", I thought. But the assurance of today devotion kept me calm, that is, "trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Prov 3:5KJV).

I arrived to find my mum and brother waiting in the lobby area of the Emergency Room. The diagnosis of the ER doctor after performing a scan on my dad was that he had a mild stroke. I got permission from the guard to go in to visit with my dad. Immediately I prayed, for the readings reflected on the monitors to come back to normal, in Jesus name! I had informed the appropriate parties at work and the prayer team whilst driving to the hospital. And therefore the monitors responded positively as God answered all our prayers.

I then spent the rest of the day waiting for the assigned doctor to come to admit my dad to the Intensive Care Unit. He came after a few hours and questioned both my brother and me about my dad's history, what lead to him having the stroke and recorded this information on his writing pad. He then told us our dad will be admitted as soon as a bed is available. Patiently I waited, inquiring every other hour on what was happening. Apparently, the patient who was to be discharged had not left so I had to wait for that to happen first, before my dad could be wheel up to his bed in the ward. Finally it all happened at about 5pm!

This was a good time for me to recollect the victory Jesus won on the cross, especially as He went up to the highest heavens! The Message version of Ephesian 4 had this to say about it:

7-13But that doesn't mean you should all look and speak and act the same. Out of the generosity of Christ, each of us is given his own gift. The text for this is,

He climbed the high mountain,
He captured the enemy and seized the booty,
He handed it all out in gifts to the people.
Is it not true that the One who climbed up also climbed down, down to the valley of earth? And the One who climbed down is the One who climbed back up, up to highest heaven. He handed out gifts above and below, filled heaven with his gifts, filled earth with his gifts. He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christ's followers in skilled servant work, working within Christ's body, the church, until we're all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God's Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ.

Jesus died for the souls of men and God will surely bring to pass the things He has promised us. We must continue to trust in the unseen things so that the impossible can take place in our lives.

This will be a saga which we will all witness together, as a Body, so please pray along with me to see His supernatural miracle of salvation come to pass! Amen.

No comments: