Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Lost, the least and the last


Eulogy spoken by loved ones at memorial services always brings back to mind, what on earth was our life all about. In a lifetime of opportunities we had on earth, which will we be remembered for by them. More importantly in our lifetime on earth what was the opportunities we fulfilled that came up to God as a pleasing memorial before Him.

Undoubtly we will stand before Jesus Christ one day to be judged on the works we have done for Him, as it is stated in the Gospel of Matthew 25:34-40. Imagine 3 major religious faith believe in this judgement!!

The lost, the least and the last as stated in the above verses can be classified as follows:
1. hungry, you gave me meat
2. thirsty, you gave me dirnk
3. stranger, you took me in
4. naked, you clothed me
5. sick, you visited me
6. in prison, you came to me
Then verse 40 reads...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

What would I leave as a legacy for my loved ones to remember me as and for My Lord and Savior to judge me for?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: