Monday, June 9, 2008

Preferred Will



"Preferred Will" is an exciting word and in some sense it means "to take delight in His will, whatever He does or even allows".

Last Sunday's sermon had got me thinking about this phrase and our approach to God's will. It is not the pursuing of God's will but the preferring of God's will that is important. It is taking delight to do His will as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane... Saying, Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but [always] Yours be done. (Amplified version Luke 22:42)

Today's devotion futher emphasized this truth........

13But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

14He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.

15Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you. (Amplified Bible John 16:13-15)

At the end of the day, it is not the mysteries that God reveal to us that are important .....it is the delight in preferring to do His will. Today meditation brought me back to more then 10 years ago when I was "cold storaged" at the place of my employment. It was a tough period which spaned more than 365 days, actually I should measure it in seconds, that how pronounced the time was when you were going through it. Those who have gone through a major upheaveal in life may know what I am talking about! I struggled many a days to understand what God was doing in this trial but He spoke clearly....Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! (Amplified version Ps 46:10).

As always God has His plan and purpose which is always good! And I used this time (and I had lots of it) to pray over the names in my Company Directory for God to bless everyone of them. All the names of the individuals who had caused me this problem were there. The victory came over a period of 1 year (6 months apart) when 2 individuals came to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. The Lord then allowed me to leave this employment and I immediately tendered my resignation and left within 24 hours. The vindication came about 6 months later when I got compensated on the grounds of constructive dismissal.

Looking back, if I had on the first day of my trial left this employment, God could not have worked on me and through me. His name was exalted and people began to realize that there is power in His name. Obviously I am not God and so I don't know the impact of this action on others but for the 2 individuals who received the Lord it was clear. We are all now friends and both of them are serving in different way, our Lord Jesus Christ.

As for me it was the beginning of a new season to be more confident in our Lord Jesus Christ and His ability to save and mold us to be more like Him. I am learning now to prefer His will...........


Posted by Picasa

No comments: