Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rising from the dead

Today's verse was recited to me by an old friend who discuss a personal issue with his child. His conversation exposed me to the need for clear Biblical teaching and strong discipleship. Any person who strayed had to come under the correction of the Word and the subsequent healing process which leads to reconciliation. The lack of such action will lead to confusion and disorder to the whole Body.

The verse in Luke 16:30-31 states, "'I know, Father Abraham,' he said, 'but they're not listening. If someone came back to them from the dead, they would change their ways.' "Abraham replied, 'If they won't listen to Moses and the Prophets, they're not going to be convinced by someone who rises from the dead.'"

This is a powerful section of scripture that spoke to me of the conviction of sin by the Holy Spirit in my life. If I decide not to heed the prompting of the Holy Spirit and change my ways I will not be convicted by anyone, not even someone who rises from the dead.

Do I know of such a one.....Jesus Christ rose from the dead!

No comments: