Friday, November 7, 2008

Will I choose to be a wicked servant?


wicked servant
Originally uploaded by chandrangopalan
Preparing for a Bible session I had to cover a few of the letters Paul wrote to Timothy, Titus and the Thessalonian church. It talked lots about keeping on the straight and narrow!

These verses in 1 Timothy 6: 3-5 spoke volumes to me about what not to do. "If you have leaders there who teach otherwise, who refuse the solid words of our Master Jesus and this godly instruction, tag them for what they are: ignorant windbags who infect the air with germs of envy, controversy, bad-mouthing, suspicious rumors. Eventually there's an epidemic of backstabbing, and truth is but a distant memory. They think religion is a way to make a fast buck".

I must constantly ask myself if I have denied the faith, am conceited and argumentative, cause confusion, envy and factions and looking to use spiritual things for financial gains!

At that judgment day what will Jesus say to me, "You ...............servant

No comments: