Monday, November 10, 2008

What kind of fruit is showing in my life?





What kind of fruit is showing in my life?

Many times in my life the truth of my inner being was revealed when I was put through a trial. The sermons in our church during the past weekend were simple and yet "brutal". It spoke about the fruit which I displayed in times of adversity.

Galatians 5:22-23 talks about all the good flavors in the fruit found in our lives. I pondered on the vices and virtues which are found in the Bible and in my life. My prayer is to have more of the virtues and less of the vices.

VICES: neglecting God and others - sexual immorality (Gal 5:19); impurity (Gal 5:19); Lust (Col 3:5); Hatred (Gal 5:20); Discord (Gal 5:20); Jealousy (Gal 5:20); Anger (Gal 5:20); Selfish ambition (Gal 5:20); Arrogance (2 Cor 12:20, Gal 5:20); Envy (Gal 5:21); Murder (Rev 22:12-16); Idolatry (Gal 5:20, Eph 5:5) Witchcraft (Gal 5:20); Drunkenness (Gal 5:21); Wild living (Luke 15:13, Gal 5:21) Cheating (1 Cor 6:8); Adultery (1 Cor 6:9, 10); Homosexuality (1 Cor 6:9, 10); Greed (1Cor 6:9, 10, Eph 5:5); Stealing (1 Cor 6:9, 10); Lying (Rev 22:12-16)
VIRTUES: the by-product of living for God - Love, Joy, Peace, Patience (long suffering), kindness, goodness, faithfulness (Gal 5:22) and gentleness, self-control (Gal 5:23)

The most frightening things about all this is when our hearts become hardened or like Pharaoh's heart when God hardens it we may not consider exhibiting virtues. The verse in Galatians 5:21 states for the "least" obvious sin to the "most" obvious sin the one who practices such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

When Daniel was serving 4 pagan kings he served faithfully until the last king released them at the appointed time (70 years later)and recognized Daniel's God as the Most High God!

Lord Jesus Christ, I pray I will have more of your fruit and less of my vices displayed in my life so that Your name will be glorified always. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but pastor chandran, chillis and peppers aren't fruits.

:P

Chandran said...

oh oh u found me out!