Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Peter Principle

 
Posted by Picasa


The Peter Principle is the principle that "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence. I had this symptom of “incompetence” my entire career since I stated as a teller/clerk in a local bank and moved up to be a Business Development Director for Asia Pacific in a MNC.

In more than half of the 30 years that I had worked for corporations I had to sign a yearly contract with my employer with clear KPIs. Failure to fulfill my KPI meant possible dismissal. Today’s devotional verse help me see another Peter Principle which is the reason I am “confident” of what I have achieved in my entire life since receiving Jesus at age 16. The miracles He performed were amazing even helping me win a world trip as an award for outstanding consistent achievement.

The Message quote how the other Peter principle works as follows: Act 4:13 They couldn't take their eyes off them--Peter and John standing there so confident, so sure of themselves! Their fascination deepened when they realized these two were laymen with no training in Scripture or formal education. They recognized them as companions of Jesus,

The world will be astounded by those who have been with Jesus and know His will for their lives. There will be many hindrances like what the priests of Peter’s day were trying to do - intimidating them to submit to their restrictions. They told them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. The more, we should want to do it as both Peter and John concluded, “For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen or heard”.

In these trying times the world need to know that we are companions of Jesus which completes the Peter Principle.

No comments: