Saturday, October 18, 2008

Let my eyes "see" You, Lord Jesus Christ


dsc01346
Originally uploaded by chandrangopalan
The recent happenings of the past weeks had me desiring to resume blogging again. It had been some time that I exposed my personal devotional thoughts and so I pray the Holy Spirit will help me recollect my thoughts and pen it down with His empowerment.

This morning meditation was on 1 Cor 2:9-10
But as it is written, Eyes hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

This reflection took me to Job's response to the Lord's second speech in Chapter 42. Job states that God can do all things and His plans will not be thwarted. Job grew in a new understanding of God as reflected in his response when he answered God as to his current spiritual state. "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you" was what he said as Job despised himself and repented in dust and ashes. He had always known God through the Word (refereed to as blameless and upright by God) , now he had seen Him in all His splendor and glory! (Chapter 38-41).

In a recent seminar I attended the blessings of Job is paralleled to the second coming of Jesus Christ. Job's prayer for his comforters was accepted by God who desires that none (ignorant) should perish. The passage in James 5:7-11 quotes Job for his perseverance - an example of patience in the face of suffering and what the Lord finally brought about.

The Lord is full of compassion and mercy and nothing in all the world should trouble us.

No comments: