Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Awaiting His City


dsc01508
Originally uploaded by chandrangopalan
The Word of God says in 2 Corinthians Chapter 9 verse 8 and 9, "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all time, having all they you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."

It is important to know that our God is able to make all grace abound to us....hallelujah! He is able, in our lack or abundance, for His grace is sufficient! Many times I have had been in situations when I should have given and didn't.

I would reason with myself by comparing myself with those who have a lot. Maybe with someone who has revenue from other sources like a full pension or property worth millions.

But this is a wrong attitude and so I have repented because the earlier verse talk about the measure we dish out will be the measure that will be returned to us. It also talk about being cheerful in our giving otherwise it will mean nothing even if we gave a large amount.

Therefore, if I had grudged in giving I would receive nothing in my account in His City. If I had given for others to notice, my reward will be on earth, a pat on the back or worst still the person I give returning the same back to me. This was and sometime is, of course the case for much of my giving!

But to abound in every good work is to give to the poor who cannot repay you and also whom you cannot bring under "submission" to you. If only I gave when I had, so that it would not have been lost in the meltdown, it would have been credited in His City.

A reward maybe awaiting me on that Judgment day in His City!

No comments: