Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Satan's web

Posted by Picasa

This picture of the spider's web always got me thinking of the draw of satan to his "intriguing" scheme. As my wife and I spent the whole afternoon paying our bills, we also reflected on God's faithfulness towards us. The reason was because the first activity we did before paying our bills was to collect our claim for the petrol subside from the Post Office. RM625.00 was another of God's blessing and faithfulness as we continued to be faithful to His prompting to bless His servants and His Kingdom. He is no one's debtor!

Tonight again I was reminded through Matthew Chapter 6 of this principle: V1-4 against hypocrisy in almsgiving; v5-8 against hypocrisy in prayer; v9-15 how to pray; v16-18 respecting fasting; v19-24 evil of being worldy-minded and v25-34 trust in God commended. The bottom line is seeking His Kingdom and righteousness first!

Another version of verse 24 caught my attention today and it is this:

"You can't worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you'll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can't worship God and Money both.

My discussion with my wife was our faith level on this topic of tithes and offerings. It is easy to give tithes deligently but offering was another thing all together. As I pondered this thought to blog...my understanding is that everything is from God and so if I had to give Him everything as an "Isaac" sacrifice, will I? Like the widow with the 2 mites!

How many times have we passed the offering bag onto the next person and not put in an offering because we had "religiously" given our tithes on the first week of the month. Will we go broke if we placed RM10 every time the offering bag was passed to us. Should we not give Him an offering of everything everyday and every week when He give us the opportunity.... by handing us His "offering" bag???

Satan's web.....something to ponder about but for the Truth meditate on Matthew 6!


No comments: